Rightly or wrongly, our appearance has a huge effect on the way we’re treated as an individual – socially, professionally and in all areas of life. If you look good, it will have a positive effect on almost every interpersonal interaction that you’re a part of. This is no less true in terms of your business, which is why you need to decide what impression you want to convey and shape your brand identity round that.
Your brand is your most important advert; the ‘shop window’ into your business and the most powerful tool you have to attract new business and clients. To make sure your company looks good, consider the following five points:
- clients – think about the overall experience you are giving your clients – one that will make them want to come back
- consistency – make sure there are no inconsistencies in your business’ look and feel as this could suggest there are inconsistencies in your service levels too – a consistent brand will build recognition and trust
- competition – analyse the rest of your sector and see what the current trends are – then draw out the best but add your own unique twist
- clarity – your brand needs to stand out in a crowded marketplace – make it clear what product or service you’re offering and what problem you’re solving
- character – this is your chance to infuse your brand with plenty of personality and ensure you are memorable
If you find yourself feeling embarrassed to hand out your business card or website address, maybe it’s time to give your brand an overhaul and make sure it reflects the current direction of your company.